Phone Us: Freephone: 0800 953 1696 | Head Office: 024 7638 7821

Child Care and Social Services

Child Care

Our Child Care Law Department is well known in the local area. The department has dealt with many complex cases. We advise children in all public law proceedings. These include proceedings where the Local Authority have applied for emergency protection orders, care orders or where parents apply for contact with children who are in the care of the Local Authority.It is important to get advice from an expert in this area of law. Willsons Solicitors have expert knowledge in acting for parents who have been accused of abusing their children. Willsons Solicitors have two solicitors on the Law Society Children Panel where this expertise is recognised. We have represented clients in extremely difficult situations in local Courts, the High Court and Court of Appeal.

Legal aid is granted to parents and children in care proceedings. Relatives may be able to apply for legal aid dependent upon their circumstances.

As solicitors, we are able to provide advocacy at all levels of Court to ensure a consistent and professional level of advice and service is given to clients who are understandably distressed by this Court process.

Please call Heather, Simon or Ashlee for an appointment.

Our team can also advise on:-

  • Care Proceedings
  • Special Guardianship Orders
  • Adoption
  • Discharge of Care Orders
  • Contact to children in care
  • What to do if you have been accused by Social Services of abusing or injuring a child
  • What to do if you have been accused of neglecting a child
  • What to do if you have received a letter from Social Services headed “Letter before Proceedings”

We also act for parents who have learning difficulties.

Facebook IconTwitter Icon