Phone Us: Freephone: 0800 953 1696 | Head Office: 024 7638 7821

Personal Injury – a brief overview

Compared with 2016 figures, provisional figures for reported road casualties for 2017 show

  • a decrease of 5% in road deaths to 1,710
  • a decrease of 5% in casualties of all severities to 176,500


Whilst this is encouraging news given that traffic levels are believed to have increased by 1.4% during 2017, a road traffic accident can have devastating and sometimes life changing consequences for an individual and their families.

The causes and circumstances of road traffic accidents can vary a great deal from case to case and the injured person may be a cyclist, motorcyclist, pedestrian or a passenger.     I will often speak to people who have never had to go through the process of making a personal injury claim so everything I do is geared to help them claim compensation and get all the help and rehabilitation they need.

Some individuals, having already contacted their insurance company to report a claim, are recommended to use a certain law firm by their insurers or have legal expenses insurance that insists on only certain law firms being used.     You are free to make up your own mind and often people don’t want to use a firm recommended by their insurers, they prefer to use a local solicitor who they can meet in person and discuss matters face-to-face. It’s your claim and you must feel comfortable with the solicitor you instruct.

Having sustained a personal injury you may be able to claim two types of compensation, general damages and special damages:

General damages are paid as compensation for an injury and your pain and suffering as a result of that injury. a payment for pain and suffering or loss of future earnings. The court will decide on the amount to be paid.

Special damages are paid as compensation for actual financial loss caused by the accident and can include damage to clothing or other belongings, the costs of care, travel costs to hospital and other medical appointments, medical expenses (including the cost of private treatment), loss of earnings and future ongoing losses

Instructing a solicitor will assist in valuing your injuries and determining the extent of your special damages

If you think you have a claim then you should call Lorraine Walker on 02476 387 821 who will talk through your specific claim with you.

Lorraine is also able to assist individuals who have been injured in accidents such as at work or in public places and also people who believe they have been caused injury or suffered as a result of clinical negligence

Please don’t suffer in silence.

Facebook IconTwitter Icon