Applying for Grant of Probate only – Fixed Fee
We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf. We will not undertake the collecting and distrbutution of assets for this fixed fee.
How much does this service cost?
Fixed fee: Between £650-£750 (plus VAT).
This includes: Obtaining the grant only.
Breakdown of costs:
Legal fees: £650-£750
VAT on legal fees: 20% (current standard rate)
- Probate court fee of £150;
- If any additional copies of the grant are required, they will cost £1 (1 per asset is usually required).
Disbursements are costs relating to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
As part of our fixed fee we will:
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate Fee Earner to work on your matter;
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators;
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require;
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application;
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC returns;
- Draft a legal oath for you to swear;
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf;
- Obtain the Probate and securly send two copies to you.
Please note the completion of IHT400 will not be included in fixed fee arrangements.
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 1-3 months.